Monday, July 5, 2010

Instrumental

 Opinions are divided. Many would say that fashion designers and fashion students do not work, AT ALL, many would say that we work our behinds off. My personal experience  - which is informed by my 'work' ethic, tells me that I do both. The 'Break' I am now on, is precisely that. A time to o work and not to work - it is a time to relax, recharge, to find inspiration and motivation and to get started on a major project that will dominate my physicality and mental state for the next few months. My time is now split between doing errands - which I do not enjoy, and designing - which I do.
As a dreamer, I enjoy taking flights of fancy, putting my imagination onto paper and cloth, letting my hand act as a medium for my subconscious. Images captivate my attention on the verge of sleep and force me to emerge from my downy refuge to lean on the cold wooden bedside table where my notepad rests. I wake up in the morning, my mind still heavy with sleep and try to make sense of the boggled scribbles i had previously made, i take delight in unravelling the confusion. On the other hand I do not find the realisation of these dreams to be an enjoyable process, especially when my limited skills and patience cannot help me physically conjure up the sparkling phantom images in my mind.  But sometimes I come across something that seems to express exactly what i am thinking...


Underwater scene with the Cristal Bachet, Glass Harmonica, Ondes Martenot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)