Sunday, July 11, 2010

Organise

 This is what I did today:


Reorganise my past, filing trips, memories, tickets, postcards and assorted scraps according to place and date.

I think this may mean a new start for my blog. I was starting to find the way in which I was blogging to be unnatural and tedious. So here's to a new start - curiosities from everyday life. 

#1. 

From my time in Strasbourg, the 'centre of Europe' and stronghold of the EU parliament,  a town which for me is filled with brilliant sunlit memories which seeps through every crack and corner of my mind. 
From the Musée d'Art Moderne et Contemporain - for their Art is Arp exhibition (dedicated to one of the most renown dada families  - the Arp family). 
This delightful poem, printed on the back of the brochure is at first apparently simple, then amusing, confusing and whimsical... it is also beautifully clean and clear in design. 





Configuration Strasbourgeoise

je suis né dans la nature.
je suis né à strasbourg.
je suis né dans un nuage.
je suis né dans une pompe.
je suis né dans une robe. 
j'ai quatre natures.
ja'i deux choses.
j'ai cing sens. 
sens et non-sens. 
nature est sans-sens. 
place à la nature. 
la nature est un aigle blanc. 
place dada à la nature dada.
je me modèle un livre à cinq boutons. 
le tour de force du sculpteur est une sombre bêtise.

extrait 1931



My translation : 

Strasbourg Configuration

I was born in nature.
I was born in a cloud.
I was born in a pump.
i was born in a dress.
i have four natures.
I have two things.
sense and non-sense
nature is without sense.
space to nature.
Nature is a white eagle.
dada place to dada nature.
i mould myself a book with five buds (my note: could also be buttons).
the tour de force of a sculptor is a sombre foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)